Interested in submitting your own comic featuring any of the Aww, Feathers! cast? That's great! Here you'll find some info for doing so.
I'm always open for guest comic submissions! If the most recent guest comic event has ended, I'll hold on to any submissions to be included in the next one. The next guest comic event is scheduled to begin on January 31, 2022.
Looking for a bit of inspiration for your guest comic? Keep scrolling or click here to see submissions from previous years!
- Anyone may submit a guest comic, regardless of whether you've submitted one before.
- Collaborations are allowed (one person could do the art while another does the writing, etc.). If you're an artist in search of ideas or having trouble finding a writing collaborator, talk to me. I've got a few ideas I could toss your way. 😉
- Any skill level and art style is allowed (color or black and white, digital or traditional, realistic or cartoony, etc.). The important thing is that it looks like thought and effort went into its creation.
- Submissions may be full page or comic strip format.
- Multiple submissions are allowed. Each submission may be its own stand-alone comic, or a part of a multi-page story. If you plan to submit more than three pages at once, please contact me first for approval.
- Any submission larger than 800 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high or 5 MB in file size will be resized or compressed, so if yours is bigger than that make sure it looks okay at that size.
- Each entry should feature at least one of the Aww, Feathers! cast, whether they be one of the main characters or a secondary character.
- You may include other characters, even your own, as long as you have the rights to do so.
- Feel free to have fun with the characters and story; entries don't have to be 100% true to the comic. Try not to make it radically different, however.
- Remember to keep it family friendly: no profanity, gore, or suggestive themes.
- Please submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do not have to submit a Spanish version or translation with your comic. If you'd like to though, you may.
- Please do not post your entries anywhere else (deviantArt, your website, etc.) until after it's posted here. We don't want to spoil the surprise!
- By creating a guest comic entry, you grant me permission to post it on awwfeathers.com and associated social media accounts and to reformat it as needed for it to fit on said accounts. You also agree not to use said entry for any commercial purpose. However, you will maintain the rights to any characters that you create and the rights of any existing characters will remain with their original owners. I will include your name and a link to your website (if provided) in the description of your submission.
- Unless you specifically ask that it be excluded, submitted entries may also be added to future print and digital publications of Aww, Feathers! comics and other related material.
- Most, if not all entries that follow the rules above will be accepted. However, I have the final say on what gets posted. It's unlikely, but possible that an entry may conflict with future ideas I have for the story for example, and if that's the case I'll let you know, along with possible alterations that would make it acceptable.
If you have any questions, send me an email at email@example.com. While not required, I'd love to know if you plan on making one so I get an idea of how many to expect. Thanks so much in advance to anyone who plans to contribute! Happy Comicking!
Past Guest Comics
Here are some guest comic entries from previous years, if you'd like a bit of inspiration! (This is a temporary home for them while the site is under construction; each will eventually be given its own comic page.)
Sharing Isn't Always Caring